Friday, November 20, 2015

Hello, and welcome to my new home on the web!

That's not totally weird, is it? Announcing your new blog via a post specifically about yourself and your blog?

I don't know. It kind of seems like it, but here it is, anyway. Thanks for finding me, or following me over here. I loved my old blog, but I'm one of those bloggers who swears she wants to settle down and build a brand, yet frequently discards blogs (and the fledgling "brand" and all social media accounts associated with said blog) once they no longer "fit". That one lasted four years. I plan on leaving the blog up, (but will probably eventually delete the social media accounts). To me, that was still a good run. My longest yet.

What can I say? A lot happened in those four years. A lot. I got separated, lost a bit of chunk, divorced, went through a drastic job change, a drastic living situation change, nearly got Single White Femaled at one point, put the weight back on, went through two more drastic living situation changes, took on a second job, left the second job, decided to stay in Alabama rather than move back to my home state of Mississippi (at this time), fulfilled my dream of opening a little online vintage shop, had a bout of Love It or List It (minus any awesome remodeling) with the marital home, which I eventually wound up buying. More on that in another post. And I *think* that brings us up to speed.

I'm still trying to catch my breath, but ready to get down to the business of bettering myself in every way I can, remodeling this house (FINALLY!), completing upcycling and DIY projects in a more timely manner, overhauling my budget, working out, eating better, taking in more local culture and events, and, as always, finding vintage treasures to pass along! For more about me, feel free to check out my about me page. I do hope you'll want to visit often!

12 comments:

  1. Wowee, that's a lot of changes! Hopefully at the end of the day you are more "you" and you are happier, or will be soon. I have blog skeletons in the closet too (well, really only my first writing one, the second one, also a writing blog is just kind of hibernating, or comatose, at the moment).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the good thing about the writing blogs....there's no set timetable to post or certain niche, unless you decide on one. I gave up on any real writing LONG ago....but the dream just won't die.

      I think I'll be happier here. It was just time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to what's to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hope! I am excited to have a new place, and just hope I'll be more productive both online and off! Thanks for visiting me!

      Delete
  3. Whoa, you have been through a lot! But it sounds like on to new and exciting adventures. I love this idea of recycling/upcycling things and can't wait to see what you will be showing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I am able to complete things in a timely manner - that *was* my goal with the old blog - but with winter coming there's only so much you can do inside. Looks like I might soon have to invest in liquid paint because I won't have an area to spray paint!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back, KIM!
    Let me know when I should (re)place permanent BOTB links to your new blog on my pages, and then consider it done.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be great. I am looking for diy stuff all of the time. I'm not really a vintage collector, but I love window shopping. Best of luck with the present and future undertakings, (smile)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I imagine there will be more of the same with the DIY as the other place, but now that this house is mine, I am not afraid to put my heart, soul, and style into it. I'm looking forward to it all!

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing what all you have in store for us! I LOVE LOVE LOVE vintage. I have so much vintage around my house like my cool orange crushed velvet wing-back chair and this funky little boomerang chair from the 50s. I love remodeling too. My favorite store is Lowes and I have spent so much time (and money) there over the last few years: I have remodeled every room in my house, except for my kitchen (which I hate but there's not much I can do in there). Can't wait to see all your projects. This sounds like an exciting new blog. Love the name too. "ReInVintaged should be a word in the dictionary!
    Congrats on the new you!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Michele! I will definitely come check your blog out. My remodeling and projects are going to be slow-going, as I can only work on them when I have the time and money....so I don't know how exciting this blog will be. But the idea is definitely to make that a priority. I hope it won't be as slow-going with the projects as my old one was (where the projects never got done!)

      Delete