Thursday, January 14, 2016

Battle of the Bands news and big blog news!

I haven't been around much this week, and therefore, am having to postpone my Battle of the Bands submission. But only until the 17th, when I also will have the day off and be able to actually come visit those who participate. There's been so, so, so much going on: work and the other stuff that goes on every day, plus making sure all financial aspects of home ownership are in order and squared up for 2015 (done!), my son has a birthday Saturday, and, as the title suggests, there is big blog news!

Y'all are gonna kill me, but.....

I will soon be switching blogs again. Maybe as soon as Sunday - I already have my new blog set up and a working theme installed, I just need to play around with it a bit. I love the little spot I created for myself here, but my plan from the get-go was to eventually buy a domain and web hosting in an attempt to grow the ReInVintaged Goods brand. I just hadn't expected it to be this soon. But as luck would have it, I came across hosting stupid-cheap, and domain registration at 15% off, so I really couldn't pass it up. So....the new url is http://reinvintagedgoods.net. I know it's asking a lot to ask people to change their links UH-GAIN, but as I said - couldn't pass it up.

As for the battle, I have a pretty great one lined up that I hope you will enjoy. Whether it's here or there just depends on what I can get done in the time between now and then. I will be transferring my previous battle posts (all two of them) from over here to the new site ASAP, as well. Of course, I will also be visiting YOUR battles on Sunday, and will update you in my comments accordingly! But I am super excited to have my own domain again and get back to Wordpress! Can't wait to see you there!

7 comments:

  1. I guess the comment you leave on my blog will remind be to come back to vote later.
    See you then.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your battle! You do know you can have your domain here on blogspot, don't you? That way you won't lose any followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I *love* Blogger/Blogspot, but to be honest? Just really dissatisfied with their commenting system in general and how everything seems to be geared toward getting everyone converted from a Blogger profile to a Google + profile or something. Or maybe they aren't doing that anymore. But I was really happy with WP when I used it last, so I'm getting comfortable with it again :)

      Delete
  3. See you on the 17th! Congratulations on the home, and domain thingy!

    ReplyDelete